SCOPE OF EXPERIMENTATIONS:
· To measure co-efficient of friction between pulley material and different belt materials.
· To measure power transmitted with varied belt tension.
· To measure percentage slip at fixed belt tension by varying load on the Brake drum and plot the graph of (T1-T2) v/s percentage slip i.e. “Slip Characteristics” Finding a Creep Zone from graph.
· To measure belt slip speed and observe the limiting value of load at constant speed when the slip just starts.
· To study creep of belt.
· Electricity o 0.5 kW, 220 V, Single Phase
· Motor o Variable speed DC Motor 1HP, 1500 RPM.
· Pulleys o Driving and driven pulleys of equal diameters (flat pulleys)
· Loading Arrangement o Brake drum along with spring balance and rope arrangement is provided to load the system.
· Belts o Flat belts of fixed length of following belt material
§ Fabric Belt
§ Canvas Belt
§ Leather Belt
· Belt tightening arrangement o Bearing block is sliding and dead weight can be applied to set the initial tension in belt.
· Speed Indicator
2 Channel digital speed indicator with switch to change the channel